IBM Planning Analytics, powered by TM1, has long been a favourite among business users for its ability to automate planning, budgeting, forecasting and analysis processes, making it easier to gain insights and develop reliable plans to put these insights into action.
In our recent webinar, IBM Data Science Specialist Nicholas Renotte discussed his love for TM1 and provided a demonstration of the new experience introduced in Planning Analytics Workspace. Along with exploring the latest developments and breakthroughs, Nicholas offered his expert tips and tricks to help you get the most from the updated solution. This session is a must-watch for both new and existing users!
Below is a summary of the key points from the webinar.
The Beauty of TM1 and Predictions for the Future
While Nicholas admits to being an Excel user in the past, over the last six years he has switched to become an enthusiastic proponent of TM1, praising it for the ability to model information, gain insights, make predictions, create visualisations and test assumptions. As he explained in the session, the beauty of TM1 is that it’s constantly consolidating data which can be viewed at any point in time, allowing users to focus on analysing the information and extracting valuable insights.
In terms of the future, Nicholas made several predictions for where he expects to see the technology go in the coming years, including:
- The integration of more neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) into Planning Analytics
- The use of automated forecasting models to discover datasets
- A lot more forecasting tools, particularly machine learning, which can be plugged into models to more accurately and efficiently predict issues such as churn in customers/employees
A Walkthrough of the New Planning Analytics Workspace Experience
Amid the cumulative release of updates to the latest version of Planning Analytics Workspace, Nicholas provided insight into how users can get more from the solution by using the developments to streamline budgeting, forecasting and planning.
The new user interface provides a unified experience across administration, analytics, modelling, forecasting, planning and reporting. Some of the most exciting capabilities to be aware of are:
- Applications and plans workflow feature – users now have the ability to build workflows inside Planning Analytics, allowing them to streamline regular business processes
- Integrated time series forecasting – this will make it a lot easier to project forward as far as desired, down to the lowest level of granularity
- An all-new visualisation engine – the engine will allow fine-grain control over objects in a sheet, eliminating past frustrations
Find Out More
A massive thank you to Nicholas for sharing his expertise with us during the webinar, and to all the attendees who made the session so interactive.
We have no doubt that the information covered will prove invaluable to Planning Analytics users everywhere, so be sure to watch the whole demonstration below to get the full details.
If you’d like to see learn more, visit Nicholas’ YouTube channel where he posts twice-weekly videos on a range of topics, including guided walkthroughs on everything featured in this webinar.
To discuss the information from the session further or if you’re interested in sharing your own unique story with the TM1 community, get in touch with us today.